Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Play Clarinet



Symphonie Concertante in E-flat, Op. 23 By Iwan Muller (1786-1854) for two clarinets and piano

Due to a few requests of listening to me playing... This is a piece a friend and I performed together at a joint recital we had. Getting there was tough... I can't even tell you how hard it was... this was the most important performance for my major... well the performance was just a relief but all the requirements to be allowed to play were lil tests ... lol

This performance was on March 16, 2007
Can I tell you everything was going so horrible that day... I still remember the day of the performance... We were in the lil hall getting ready... tuning amongst ourselves and the piano... My mom showed up late and hadn't dressed my son, he was 15 months... My dad couldn't go which made me sad... My sis called me a few minutes asking for some stuff and I was already stressing to add.. Before she called I was panicking looking for another Clarinet to perform in... You see when I there I wasn't fully dressed well not in performance attire so I put my clarinet in my clarinet stand and I went to go change... I put on my gown and I walked passed my clarinet and it tipped over... Wouldn't play... I was 30 mins prior to performance... and then to top it off my mom wanted to see me which I couldn't go out... and then my dress ripped from the back... everything was going wrong... Luckily my teacher came to the rescue and fixed the clarinet although I had a spare coming ... and then she did what she could to minimize the dress appearance... but as I was waiting to go on stage I was freaking out.... I was crying, I felt so much anxiety it was not the conditions you're meant to be in prior to a performance...

Oh and by the way... you're going to hear a baby somewhere in the middle and yea that's my son..
By the way, by the time this piece was performed some of the issues had minimized but so many people staring... and judging... lol So glad that was over with... hope you somewhat enjoyed this piece.

thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment