Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Arrange marriage... umm... no! haha

Haha... so I was in my room and my mom came in...
And well most of you don't really know much about me... I'm 26, a single mother and I have a Bachelor's of Arts in Music... yea, which means I'm freakin broke because of the lack of jobs in the industry...well mine... Going to go back to school as school as I can... I think accounting is an option :)
So, anyways my mom came in (right) and she had just gotten off the phone... And she was quite quiet...and sits down on my son's bed... And She tells me (in Spanish of course) that she had just gotten off the phone with an acquaintance. Let me Back up a little bit.... We're 4 sibblings... I'm the Oldest (26) single, I have a sis (24) who has a Bf, a brother (18) with a gf and a baby, and another brother (18) single... So the acquaintance had suggested marrying off my single brother and myself... Yeah, she was trying to arrange us to get married to complete strangers... haha... I just laughed at the thought...
My mom immediately said that it wasn't something were interested in something like that... it's funny because I have thought of this in the past... haha but now I prefer not to think about it...
well apparently for them it was more of a personal thing rather than really trying to get us married forever... (for a year or 2) ... I don't know about you but that's a long time....
They wanted us to marry someone from a different country... do the arrangements for them to become legal residents or citizens and of course have to live with him and her as I suppose a couple to decrease suspicion...
Yeah, definitely not my cup of tea... haha! And no thank you... There is suppose to be some money involved... but I don't play games like that... especially with something to do with marriage and what it means to me. Of course it's not like we're being made to actually wed but the acquaintance obviously told my mother just in case she would agree and try to make us... haha!! It was an interesting thought...


Have you ever thought about an arrange marriage? Or do you know anyone who has been or is in one?

I know we have so many rights here but if you're really willing to commit to a person in the end it can be no different.. it works perfect in other countries and they even learn to respect and love each other with time. And a higher success rate at staying together since they both agree... in comparison to the high divorce rate with couples who supposedly love each other...
I didn't look up statistics, but I've seen them before...

No comments:

Post a Comment