Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Holy Trinity- question?

Ok, from my last posts on my encounters on religion... this is still confusing times. I can neither accept or deny whether some things that happen are just coincidence or the "mysterious" works of God... I still go to mass and I feel peace and I feel very happy.
But, there is something that has been bugging me and I have briefly brought it up but it's been dismissed. No one can really explain it and just leave it as it is. Which I can't conform to in this sense. I don't understand, there can possibilities but when you bring those up, you're considered wrong but that in itself is not right. I've even brought it up to my mom and sort of confused her and got an answer she wasn't expecting to give and then retracted. I've been doing that a lot to her lately. Mainly because she's gotten more devout and I want to see how her faith is in strength as in belief rather than just blindly following. You know what I'm saying? I believe but I want to know more. I have faith but I seek answers. My mom just follows and does what she's told. Thankfully she didn't join a convent when she was 20 or neither of us siblings would have been born.
So, I usually attend spanish mass with my parents but the last 2 Sundays I've been going to mass earlier and in English, not that it makes a difference but I like earlier, so more free time after. I was listening to the Creed (Oh and I go to Catholic Mass, just in case you even cared)
And was listening to the Nicene Creed:
"We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation, he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come."

(Father, the son and the Holy Spirit) 
Ok, so how is it that they're one in the same? I get the holy spirit and being the messenger of God to impregnate a very Virgin Mary but how can God have a son, who is truly himself to suffer and still hold his spot as a ruler, and take away the sins of everybody. Two places at once? Or is it not two places at once but 2 different?

But in the creed it says, "  he suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father."

According to my understanding, they're all in the same. It's God and he controls all three which is why it's the Holy Trinity but how are they not the same but they are the same? If they're the same ONE God how can the son and the Father be sitting next to each other. When do they become one? Are they ever one in the same or are they separate? And if they are separate then don't we have more than one God and we believe in the possibility of poly-theism and not just one God how the church is always trying to exclaim. Or if it is truly one God then which one is which and who are we to follow if it's one. Why create different personas?
I'm not trying to bring down anything or even the Christianity religion but how do you explain it? Is it the same concepts in all Christian Sectors? Is Catholicism different?
I'm just trying to make sense of it for my sanity. I know you're probably thinking I shouldn't think of it? But, have you thought of it before in your quest to answers? Or never questioned and just believe what you're told? If you just follow how do you even know you're following the correct path and that what you were thought wasn't wrong? I think that when a person questions and understand then maybe they can believe or not more peacefully but I wont feel blind in the belief even in you can't proof or see... but I need more than a answer of trust.... Who can we really trust?
Tell me how this makes sense to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment