Monday, July 4, 2011

I just realized something... Maybe it's not so much losing faith as much as faith in family...
For the last 18 years or we have had a tradition at our house on everything 4th of July. It actually has nothing to do with Independence Day but we do give thanks for it.
It has always been more about being together and giving thanks for the family than anything else. And as years progress it seems like family is valuing less. Sure, I know people sometimes choose to do something else but why not tell us... it should already be known that we're all getting together... My mom and I cook every year to try and accomodate... and with the family growing smaller... bummed
Last year, only one aunt showed up... and the one who never shows up... big surprise... but at least the actually family as in my siblings were all together.
This year, it has been the biggest dissapointment ever... I almost wanted to cry in sadness, anger, dissapointment, shame... I don't know name them and probably...
None, of my mom's sisters showed up and it's been their tradition since they were lil... My sister didn't show up and didn't even inform us...and she said she forgot... She didn't, she just made other plans. My bro and his girlfriend broke up last night after he did something irresponsible as a father... my parents arguing and throwing some shots at eachother while we were praying...

There is no family unity. And this is the saddest part. I guess my sibling don't care about it but I do. Maybe I care too much. I see my parents in a divorce sometime in the near future which makes me even more sad because they're not willing to communicate.
Ever wonder why communication, family, trust, love as so important because I don't want to be unhappy when I get older... I want to love a person every day... (yes, a bit romantic but I'm a realist as well) I want to know we can disagree but talk them through  get over it and grow from our mistakes as a couple and lovers.
My intention when I get married is never to separate even and after things get bad... add sicknesses add disagreements add religion add (anything)... I don't want to pick a person who can be disposable or who will consider me disposable...

No comments:

Post a Comment