Tuesday, July 5, 2011

DCI - my sunday

Well Sunday I did not stay home... first time... in oh I don't even know... Let's just say it's been a really long time. So I went with a friend I hadn't seen in a while it was like a field show... It's actually called DCI (Drum Corp International) and I had never been... actually the three of us that went, it was out first experience watching it. It's a field show that doesn't contain all the instruments but has a pit (drums on the sideline), Drum line and brass winds (Contras (like tuba) , baritones, and trumpets) so you can imagine the sound spectacular. I love the sound of brass well I mean I love music in general but this was a real treat. 
we saw 11 groups I believe I don't know the names... And well when we got there tickets to the main seating were sold out so we got the back end... so they had they backs to us... I mean it was still a great experience and the sound.. O-M-G... it's one of those you have to be there to actually get a feel of it... And even when you're there, there is so much to take in... so much movement, music... yea, it was exciting indeed....  Even capturing some of it on video is still not enough... well I mean especially since we were in the back and small bleachers so we couldn't see all the figures they formed... 

(1st group very small) 

(2nd group)

(3rd the name started with an "I" and we were sitting next to the parents of a kid in here, love people from Huntington Beach)

(4th I really loved their uniforms. You can tell here but they were very nice black with red)
 
(5th VB * Velvet something*  their theme baseball it was cute... we all sang "Take me out to the ball game" at the end...lol) 


(^^6th group starting to take more of the field) 

(^^group 6)

(7th group)

(8th group Academy ...I loved their uniforms too... they marched straight legged too... it was interesting. They were so sharp) 

(9th group- how first pic how they started... 2nd can you see how they line up...) 

(#10 I have to admit this was one of my favorites... girls or color guard wore red dressed... it was cute) 

(#10 first part of performance, missed the first part I was taking a pic...) 
(#10 the following part of the performance it was a lil addicting... I can't imagine all the work they put forth... well I can but wow!!!!!!!!!)


This was the last group to perform 
(#10 Blue Devils and also a favorite... and they actually won) 

(#11 The Blue Devils ... intro and everything... they were very good) 
And yes this is what I spend my Sunday evening doing... watching these musical groups
oh and... 
I had this amazing smoothie

It was so good but I started eating the pineapple and after about halfway through I felt like my lips were on fire... Every time I would  bite into it felt like alcohol being poured onto my lips but it was so wroth it. 
laughing Good times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment