Friday, July 22, 2011

Long Distance

LDR - I hear it often more than not now... maybe people talk about it and well frankly are in it? Some choose not to be on for well obvious reasons.

I didn't know how many many people actually participated in a LDR until more recently. I still don't understand everything it entitles but its the same thing as a regular relationship except you can't physically feel them. I mean for some, one of their goals after "getting to know each other" so well is finally being able to meet in person and see where it can go from there while others already knew each other and had the misfortune of being separated.
There is more hardship when there is a lack of communication in a LDR ... well as there should be more you know there will always be issues with not being able to communicate especiallly on a daily basis but what happens when weeks go by and you know nothing? Or You've only been able to talk briefly over the phone... you've fallen for this person but there isn't communication. You have probably hope but are you living an illusion or can this dream come true? How about being in a relationship for years and the hope to one day meet but you are devout but what's going on, in the other side? You know you're true and you're told they're true but with the lack of communication is it true?
Like any relationship as it truly happens you always talk everyday for a while and you enjoy the company and the talking and getting to know. But, it always diminishes. And suddenly you find yourself wanting to talk to them and they're not there as much.
I know there are so many means of communication and frankly the best one is Skype... My sister's bf travels a lot, he plays baseballs not in the majors I think in the minors trying to move up but they're constantly texting, and they set up skype dates. I've seen her get all dolled up just for her little date, it's kind of cute. Seeing the other person on the other side and them seeing you back. They've been dating for 4-5 years and just started the LDR but they make it work. But, they've known each since 9th grade high school and didn't coincide until the aftermath. But, they're different, even though its still hard.
Getting to know a person you've never met before. Talking to them, feeling happy, giddy, explainable because all people you've met IRL have never made you feel like that. They just disregard you as nothing but another disposable girl who they think they can spend their life with but don't want to think about.
So with this LDR you can experience the mutual awe of seeing each other. The actual looking into your eyes, the smile, the scent of their musk, feeling their hands, seeing everything... How long must you wait? Will it happen? Who goes to see who?
I'm sorry but I'm always suspicious maybe it's because sadly I've never met a man to be completely true. Not to put men down but maybe a call once a week would be nice and that's because the thoughts are more serious. I truly hate the phone but i don't when it comes to you.
People have tried wanting to meet me but I've never wanted to meet someone like I've wanted to meet you. You're a special person in my heart. I don't lose hope I'll get to meet you sooner than later but I really wish I can see you face to face. Seeing as you talk and everything else that would come with getting to know you. I dream a lot but I hope this isn't just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment