Sunday, July 3, 2011

love can fail


 
Do you believe love is blind?
I've heard: 
"love bears all things, 
 love believes all things, 
 hopes all things, 
 endures all things, 
 Love never fails."
 
Love never fails?
Well, I discovered that love
can leave you with hanging entrails
loosely exposed, painful anguish 
with you last few exhales 
 
A damaged heart?
Or was it just the blatantly start?
 
There is never a war
unless one claims it that far
in fact blame me and find me with a drink in a bar
"it is what it is," don't you see
A disappointed you always said to me
 
I thought there could be belief. 
I understand questioning,
but you stole something like a thief
claimed it, hidden, and skillfully skinning
 
You hear the cry
always the same question, "Why?"
unexplained, fallen, doomed
teary eyes, dead already in the tomb
 
I don't ask for forgiveness
Not my right to ask
The actions so treasonous;
you continue hidden within your innocent mask
I wont plea mercy
we didn't make it to an anniversary
 
So Who hides more? 
Who has more to lose?
I let it go like an annoying chore
hang with friends, end the night as I choose
 
I've been nice  
but recently you love to push
you haven't been wise, 
a sudden ambush
I tell you again "hush"
I care
But, it's been my despair
 
I wont be controlled,
Told what to do 
on house arrest, withhold 
I'm no lush,quit lying 
This was not love, it was only a crush
 
"love bears all things, 
 love believes all things, 
 hopes all things, 
 endures all things, 
 Love never fails."
 
But love does fail
When hidden secrets unveil. 
 


07-02-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment