Friday, April 15, 2011

Marriage...a different perspective

I've been thinking long and hard. And there are many people who feel their religion/life style to be a big part of their lives... I am not the most devout person in the world... I am not nun status in any way either. I pray and have faith and look for hope on daily basis pretty much. Sure, through all bad and the good I have felt that it has helped a lot. But, I guess that is perspective...

I know I wrote a blog a few days ago What Marriage in my religion means to me
and I was talking to some friends about marriage and religion and many things and well... it seems like I am setting up a very high bar... to a sense living in the US and with so many people with many different religions, deism, atheism, agnostics... and since I really don't want to go to mass and find someone there.... It seems like it might be an unreachable self goal. Although, I will firstly try and then give in if (and only if) there is no alternative... It's not like religion means the whole world but it is a part of my world. The reason why I didn't want to compromise as in not have a church wedding was because it's the same thing as leaving ... well not really because they can't take our beliefs but I would never be able to take "Holy Communion" and if you can't then what's the purpose of going ... I don't know but that's how I see... I guess it's also to have children and bring them up in the faith and with their sacraments but what happens when they get older and start asking "Mom, why don't you go up?" etc ... and that's when the realization that  one is living a "so-called" life a some sin... in a sense ... I know it seems a little ridiculous but those are the rules.... On the other hand, if I did get into a Civil marriage and it didn't work out I would be able to marry in the church without penalty...

So anyways, enough jabbering about ish,

I have decided... when it comes to love.... and love only... I would (and this is still hard) be willing to marry even if it didn't include my religion for the time being (as in the requirements, I talked about in my other post) .... Sometimes there are sacrifices we all need to make for other people as long as the sacrifice is equal... (*sigh*) So it is said... and that's it for now.... but before I make the decision I will take a lot into consideration before I removed my dream wedding from ... because it is "My Dream Wedding" I was talking about...  details I haven't even started thinking about... a big picture I have but some should be decided as a couple if it ever happens... a dress... I was to sort of design if I can ... if not oh  well.... I drew one when I was younger but I lost it and I am sure my taste has changed a bit too...

No comments:

Post a Comment