Thursday, August 29, 2013

updates

I've been around but every time I log on there aren't many people posting here. It makes me sad. Well makes sense with still so much uncertain with which 2.0 entails but at least we finally received an update today. I'm still anxious to see what it's going to look time. I've been here since 2004. I go time through out the years where I do take breaks but it's not because I leave but because I take time out from the blogging scene. 
A single mom with a child in 2nd grade surely has busy times with homework, cooking and maintaining everything i must do. This year they're trying to concentrate more on reading with the kids which is wonderful because my son needs that. I also enrolled him in an earlier class in his school. He usually starts school at 9 but since I put him in a tutoring class type at 7:30am... the transition was different and I little tougher for me it seems but it's working out so far. 
My parents left town for a little bit. My dad is helping his bro fix up his house in Minnesota. And he wanted my mom to go so so far she's been relaxing our there. Travels are tough when you're going to try and work and there was no money from the beginning but I wish them the best until they come back. It was my dad's birthday on the 27th (Tuesday) and I was okay, I spoke with him on the phone. It was nice, but I'm so use to buying a lil cake and celebrating that way. I was a bit emotional. 
Since my parents are out of town working the once a week is hard. I can't go to work if there is no one to meet my son here and since we've lived here a few years and don't know people around here. I know they're friendly but you don't typically see people out and much less just randomly trust people you don't talk much to. And the neighbors you would trust are hardly here. Haha so it was a struggle. I was going to go ask a neighbor that lives a few blocks away but we don't talk much and Danny would have to get off the bus and walk out there. I felt compelled not to go work. My love saved the day. I didn't think that was an option but he truly shows his love to us. He's taken vacation days on those few tuesdays to allow me to work. It's not much work but the gesture and  favor is more than I can ever repay. I'm a lucky woman to have a man like this. 
We just found a school mate from my sister (A little girl that lived down the street from us when we were growing up, who my mom watched her for a little, her brother helped tutor me when I was 10 on the clarinet) 's body was down on a river. Well they barely Identified the body. She had disappear last january and the body was found as a Jane Doe in April and her body had already started decomposing so it wasn't too recognizable. But, thank God they found out who it was. So sad that since her body was found in a bad shape the cause of death is undetermined and may never be found. Her name was Ana Karina. May her soul rest in peace and her family finally receive closure. No one deserves to go through that but we always never have a say in the way we're all going to go out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment